Here are some useful tips to care your dog
- Create a safe space for your dog: This can be a room or a crate that is comfortable and familiar to your dog. Make sure it is a quiet and secure area where your dog can retreat to during fireworks displays.
- Provide white noise: Playing calming music or white noise can help mask the sound of fireworks and provide a sense of security for your dog.
- Exercise your dog: Taking your dog for a walk or run before fireworks displays can help tire them out and reduce their anxiety.
- Desensitize your dog: If possible, start playing recordings of fireworks at a low volume while your dog is in a relaxed state. Gradually increase the volume over time to help your dog become accustomed to the sound.
- Comfort your dog: Stay calm and be present with your dog during fireworks displays. Offer them treats and praise to distract them and provide comfort.
- Consult with a veterinarian or a professional dog trainer: They can help you develop a plan to address your dog’s fear of fireworks and provide additional support.