will one m&m hurt a dog

Dog Care

Will One M&M hurt a Dog?

No, a single M&M is not going to harm your dog. That said, you should still avoid giving M&Ms or other chocolate treats to your pet.

You don’t want your dog developing a craving for chocolate. It would be better to just not give your dog a taste of chocolate so they never learn to seek it out.

It depends on M&M made. M&Ms is one of the most famous chocolate dishes ever made. Many of us know multicolored ropes filled with chocolate and other things. If you get a taste for good chocolate, a few M&Ms can really bother you.

How much M&M hurt a Dog?

  • Baking chocolate: Approximately 0.5 ounces for a 10-pound dog, 1 ounce for a 20-pound dog, and 1.5 ounces for a 30-pound dog all require a call to the vet. Baking chocolate includes Baker’s Chocolate, Callebaut, Ghirardelli, Guittard, Lindt, Menier, Scharffen Berger, and Valrhona.
  • Dark chocolate: Approximately 1.5 ounces for a 10-pound dog, 3 ounces for a 20-pound dog, and 4.5 ounces for a 30-pound dog all require a call to the vet.
  • Milk chocolate: Approximately 3.5 ounces (more than 2 regular Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars) for a 10-pound dog, 7 ounces for a 20-pound dog, and 10.5 ounces for a 30-pound dog all require a call to the vet. Milk chocolate includes M&M’s, Hershey’s, Mars, Kit Kat, Dove, Cadbury, Toblerone, Kinder, Ferrero Rocher and Galaxy. Semi-sweet chocolate has similar toxicity.
  • White chocolate: All but impossible for a dog to overdose on. Approximately 47 pounds of white chocolate for a 10-pound dog, 95 pounds of white chocolate for a 20-pound dog, and 145 pounds(!) of white chocolate for a 30-pound dog all would require a call to the vet.

If my dog eats M&M?

M&Ms are delicious.

 

They are highly desirable treatments that are attractive to both children and adults. Unfortunately, it is not safe for our beloved dogs.

Why is M&M bad for our dog? The main problem lies in the main ingredient of the dessert. As you know, chocolate is poisonous to dogs. It contains two special substances that dogs cannot control. These substances are caffeine and theobromine.

Dogs don’t have the ability to properly metabolize caffeine or theobromine. The body metabolizes both substances very slowly and this is a problem. These substances can remain in the dog’s body for a period of time, increasing toxicity there.

Your dog can feel the effects of this toxicity.

M&M surgery may not be enough to harm your dog. Even small dogs should be safe if only one M&M eats them.

However, if your pet eats a handful of M&Ms accidentally spilled on the floor, they may be in danger. They may show different symptoms because they are suffering from the effects of chocolate poisoning. Learn about the most common symptoms of chocolate poisoning.

To throw up
Vomiting is one of the most common symptoms of chocolate poisoning in dogs. Don’t be surprised if your dog starts doing it after eating a few M&Ms.

You should also not think that your dog will be fine after vomiting. That doesn’t mean they removed the chocolate from their bodies. In both cases, their symptoms can worsen.

diarrhea
Diarrhea is another common symptom of chocolate poisoning in dogs. Your pet, who usually leaves the house, may not have control over their bowels. They can defecate in your house just because chocolate is bothering their body.

cramps
If the worst symptoms of chocolate poisoning are vomiting and diarrhea, your pet is in luck. The truth is that things can make a lot of it.

In severe cases of chocolate poisoning, your dog may have seizures. Everything can still go wrong.

is dead
Chocolate poisoning in dogs can be fatal. If your dog eats a lot of chocolate and you don’t intervene in time, he can die from poisoning.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *